Link or rename wcmd.exe to cmd.exe?

Chris chris.kcat at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 02:34:27 CDT 2006

On Sunday 02 July 2006 23:58, you wrote:
> The case I care about most is:
> in cron, or ssh'ing in without X forwarding, use wcmd.exe to run a batch
> file.
>
> We need to be able to support both cases.

How about leaving wcmd.exe alone (or renaming it to winecmd.exe), and wait on
making cmd.exe until a replacement that behaves like Windows' cmd.exe, then?
You can have both that way. I'm mostly concerned about apps and/or people
that expect cmd.exe to behave like Windows' version, when Wine's wcmd.exe
doesn't.