Using GL commands in vga.c to add VGA bitplane support

Jeremiah Flerchinger flerchjj at ieee.org
Wed Jul 5 08:34:34 CDT 2006

I want to use wGL in VGA.c to add bitplane support and other
functionality.  What would be the correct or "preferred" method of
implementing this?  As it stands I am looking at something like the
following to bring in GL functions:

   #include <GL/gl.h>
   typedef void (WINAPI *glClearColorProc)(float,float,float,float);
   static glClearColorProc ptr_glClearColor;

   HMODULE wgl_Lib = LoadLibraryA("opengl32.dll");
   if (wgl_Lib)
   {
     ptr_glClearColor = GetProcAddress(wgl_Lib, "glClearColor");
   }

Is this the preferred way to make use of openGL inside of Wine?  Is
there a better way?  I really don't want to have to figure out a typedef
and make a pointer for every single library function I plan to use. Plus
I find it annoying I can't use the real name of the function and am
stuck using a differently named pointer.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremiah Flerchinger