[ntdll/tests] Added some NULL testing

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 7 11:32:18 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 18:24 +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Paul Vriens <Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > added some tests with NULL parameters.
> >
> > Changelog
> >   Added some NULL testing
>
> I appreciate your willingness to write tests, but please don't spend
> too much effort on testing NULL inputs, it's not an interesting case
> unless there's a specific app that depends on it. Otherwise we end up
> adding NULL checks all over the place for no good reason. It's much
> more interesting to test valid inputs.

It's just that I'm going through a lot of the Coverity reports. A great
deal of them mention NULL parameters passed. That why I started writing
these checks and found that we're not always a 100% in line with M$.

I will try and not change 'real' code to check that much for NULLs but
couldn't we leave the test cases (with todo_wine of course) for
documentation sake?

Cheers,

Paul.