[WINED3D 1] Place immediate constants in the same array as global constants.

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 11:05:36 CDT 2006

On 10/07/06, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg231 at gmail.com> wrote:
> H. Verbeet wrote:
> > Yes. In d3d8 constants set with the def instructions persist between
> > shaders.
> It is not so simple.
> 1) msdn does not make it clear whether that's visible on the app side
If I had to guess I'd say it is, but it shouldn't be that hard to
write a test for that.

> 2) msdn claims constants take effect on Set*Shader*, whereas ours do on draw
Sounds plausible. But that's something we have to fix anyway then,
since if it does. that means we potentially overwrite constant values
set with SetShaderConstant*.

> A test is really needed if this is to be fixed - I tried to write one,
> but d3d8 wouldn't accept my asm shader for some reason.... and I can't
> find d3d8 documentation online which really makes me not very interested
> in writing d3d8 patches.
Did you use dcl_ instructions by any chance? That's one of the things
that only really works with d3d9.

As for documentation, there's
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dx8_c/directx_cpp/graphics_iface_3ayb.asp
not sure if that's what you're looking for though.

Either way, we should test d3d9 as well, since it's quite possible it
behaves the same for the 2 points you mentioned.