0.9.17 and other issues

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Tue Jul 11 06:11:29 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 10:02:31AM +0000, Roland Kaeser wrote:

> I know thats cool developing gaming features but THAT CANNOT BE THE
> GOAL!!!!!

the goal is to implement the win32 APIs on top of unix. this does
neither exclude the gamers nor the "appers".

> In the offices I support  as admin/sys engineer, we are all waiting
> for wine becomes stable enough to get the business apps running to
> switch to linux completely.

so why not support that efford by donating some of your time or money
(e.g. your employers) to fix the problems? recently there where the
auditions for the summer of code - why not advocate then to make things
better? why not try crossover's wine?

you have many options - but instead you have chosen to whine to a list
of developers that spend their free time to improve the things they have
problems with; what do you think this will help?

> But on every release I read some things about DirectX, Gaming Support
> etc.  Whould it not be better just to fix the existing bugs before
> developping new ones? All the people I know WANT TO RUN THEIR BUSINESS
> APPS ON LINUX. Nobody wants run games.

you state yourself, that lots of features (that are announce-worthy) are
for games and you think no one cares for games? do you think they are
done for the pure fun of it? have you actually checked the ChangeLog of
the current release? do you think all this changes in ole, msxml, &c.
dlls are done for the pure fun of it? if so - why not join the fun?

--
cu