Duplication of device IO Controls?

Frans Kool frans.kool at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 09:11:17 CDT 2006

Hi,

I'm currently looking into adding some device I/O control codes to wine when I
noticed (for example in cdrom.c) that two header files were included:
#include "winioctl.h"
#include "ntddstor.h"

This in itself is not so strange, but I noticed both carried the same defines
for certain I/O controls.
For example:
#define IOCTL_STORAGE_CHECK_VERIFY      CTL_CODE(IOCTL_STORAGE_BASE, 0x0200,
METHOD_BUFFERED, FILE_READ_ACCESS)
is in both files.

Is this intentional? Because both lists do not cover the same controls, and
having the same information into two locations can (in this case seem to have)
lead to sync issues.
I could remove the duplicates from one of the two files (through a patch), or
add the missing ones to the other.

Thanks for your time,

Frans.