AW: 0.9.17 and other issues

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Tue Jul 11 11:48:37 CDT 2006

> That, plus there are _enough_ open source tools, utilities and applications
> having the same purpose as many Windows applications, e.g. OpenOffice which
> pretty much gives everything needed to the *average*
> Word/Excel/Access/Powerpoint user.

Heck, I always disliked MS Word interface via Visual Basic. I tried to do some
pretty advanced document-generation with it and it just too cumbersome to my
liking. Doable, but it just felt bed. I tried recently to implement the same
thing with OO Basic and it was actually easier, even with sometimes
inadequate documentation. So even for a non-average user OO.org has benefits
(did for me).

CHeers, Kuba