wine's fullscreen code has no effect on metacity

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 13 10:24:16 CDT 2006

Something I think I may have suggested long ago is some sort of "WINE
hints" that WMs could implement; in essence, have calls to the WM that
map to Windows API calls exactly and try to have the same semantics. IOW
implement the windows API in conjunction with the WM.

This is probably the only way to make things 100%, 100% always work
right; because it gets past the "impedance mismatch" between how native
X apps work and how windows API apps work by giving them different
codepaths.

I wouldn't know how to do this, but it's an idea.

Havoc