git annoyances: git fetch does nothing; git pull works?

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Thu Jul 13 14:22:49 CDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:06:56 -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
> But I have to confess that git makes my head hurt.
> That just could be because this old dog can't learn this
> trick.

Doubtful, it's always made my head hurt too and I was playing with arch,
svk and similar tools years ago :) I think it's just not got a very well
designed user interface (though gitweb is pretty good). SVK may not have
been strictly as powerful but it managed to get by with about 13-14 pretty
obvious commands, and using it was mostly like using CVS in the common
case.

Oh well ...