DirectDraw Issues continue

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Thu Jul 13 16:46:03 CDT 2006

No one if forcing you to run the latest Wine version.  Wine is beta software,
so there is not guarantee that the newest version is "best", although it
usually is.  If you had bothered to take a look in the AppDB, you could have
read that e.g. Settlers IV has a Gold rating (i.e. runs perfectly).

As for World of Warcraft, it does not even run with a vanilla Wine, but
requires special patches.

Grave regards,

Alexander N. Sørnes