Some help needed on basic oleacc implementation

Stefan Siebert stefan.siebert at ssiebert.de
Tue Jul 18 07:51:01 CDT 2006

Hello,

currently I'm working to get the Notes Client (7.0.x) running on wine.
I've done some work on oleacc and so far it seems to work.
As this is my first try on ole maybe someone could help out (ie. reviewing
my code and tell me what needs to done), so I don't blame myself on
getting this patch checked in.

Some info on the internals:

The Notes Client is linked against the oleacc.dll. On a call to
AccessibleObjectFromWindow there's simply no check if it was successfull
(S_OK). Next it calls addref and crashes badly.

Normally this should be fixed in the Notes Client itself, but I don't know
if someone want's this to be fixed at IBM and if they may such things in
the productive code stream (although fixes have been done before in Notes
6.5.1 to get it magically running on wine).

- Stefan