dinput8 Dll(Un)RegisterServer

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Thu Jul 20 04:52:38 CDT 2006

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I have been working on dinput8. I implemented the CoCreateInstance code and other pieces. The first time I did the registering code the same way but this isn't correct.

On windows the dinput8 objects are registered when directx is installed. Alexandre preferred it to put the stuff in wine.inf. My patch which also included a big testcase for dinput8 did this but wasn't merged. I didn't have time the past few weeks to clean it up, I was actually planning to do it this week.

Tombraider legend worked 'fine' using the dinput8 at the time, I believe something broke in the latest version. At the time the main issue was that there was no keyboard or mouse input (forgot which of the two). For some reason I think based on 'device caps' tombraider wasn't calling Acquire for one of the devices. I traced it very deeply (I even wrote a dinput8->native dinput8 wrapper and verified it there). I was planning to contact Core Design about this.

Regards,
Roderick Colenbrander