Drive mapping of Z:

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Mon Jul 24 08:06:00 CDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 02:49:57PM +0200, Molle Bestefich wrote:

> But in PRACTICE, it would help a lot to hinder total system
> destruction once viruses start running correctly on Wine.
> (Especially for users like me, who always runs Wine as the root user
> ;-).)

you complain about security in wine and run it as root? even if i have
the strongest doubts, that there is need for running wine as root - at
least do a chroot or use systraceorwhattheyarenamednowadays. it makes
hardly sense to suggest security measures for wine while running it as
root - this is like suggesting, that vi should no longer be able to
modify files, because started as root your could modify every file on
the system.

--
cu