Drive mapping of Z:

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Mon Jul 24 16:57:26 CDT 2006

On Monday 24 July 2006 13:25, Molle Bestefich wrote:
> Kuba Ober wrote:
> > ?! You're saying that you can't get wine to work for you as non-root?
> > Do other X applications work for you as non-root?
>
> Can't remember, but my gut feeling is 'no'.

Then it's really off-topic then. If you'd be willing to give me a regular
clean user ssh account on that machine, I can try and figure things out. Just
make the /var/log/*X* and /var/log/*x.org* readable by that user, and
make /etc/X11/* writable. We can agree on some time so that I can open a text
chat session to you and you could restart X as necessary. Just make sure you
have nchat (or similar text chat) installed.

Besides, it may be something as simple as not having your windowing
environment properly set up, as opposed to there being anything wrong with X
server itself. Likely the window manager and the environment from xfce, kde
or gnome doesn't start up.

Let me know off-list if you want to get it fixed.

Since it's ridiculous to get wine involved in your system's obious
misconfiguration, I'm willing to fix it for you. In fact I only feel like
doing it for you because it's so ridiculous to drag this problem onto this
list as to be funny in an obscene way, if you get my idea ;)

Cheers, Kuba