Broken character models in dx8/9 games in wined3d

Jason Green jave27 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 21:21:45 CDT 2006

On 7/26/06, Frank Richter <frank.richter at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought more along the lines of "flip result.position.y", not changing
> the MVP matrix.

I just sent a patch to wine-patches do just that.  I thought that the
broken character models would have been a related issue, but that is
apparently not the case.  Neither of the previous two hacks (which
completely flipped the textures at the cost of decreased framerate)
had any effect on the character models.  My initial hack was on the
right track, but it didn't mask the output for y, so it was having
issues with other objects that used shaders.

So, now it's on to figuring out why the models are disjointed (like
this: http://www.cmhousing.net/wine/civ4_brokenmodels.png and this:
http://www.cmhousing.net/wine/hl2_models2.png).  :-)

There are still a few places where I don't think we use shaders that
look like they may be rendering upside down, or at least are offset
improperly.  I'll keep digging into those, too.

Thanks, guys!