Audio stuttering issue

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Thu Jul 27 08:10:42 CDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 02:18:49 -0700, Chris wrote:
> Or if you still don't want something like that merged in, I'd like to alert
> the author of that patch that it doesn't require root privs to work. It just
> needs a non-0 value for RLIMIT_RTPRIO (ulimit -r).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll let Alexandre comment on the other stuff but
I wanted the patch to work out of the box for all users, with no
configuration necessary.

I don't see any way to resolve this issue satisfactorily. Windows apps
require hard real time support, the kernel won't give it to us without
privileged access, Alexandre doesn't want to let Windows apps do that. So
it seems we lose (unless somebody conjures something that works just as
well as that patch does, which so far hasn't happened).

thanks -mike