wine_main_preload_info not found, cannot use first megabyte, *.exe don't work

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Mon Jul 31 06:39:29 CDT 2006

I've been posting my findings on this very matter to wine-users - look
for "cannot run under Fedora 6 tset 1".

I have also found that, if you are running in an SELinux system, you
cannot directly run a Windows program using binfmt_misc - the program
must have the same security context labels set as the Wine executables do.

And on my system, wine-pthread and wine-kthread both have the
wine_main_preload_info symbol exported - only the actual "wine"
executable lacks this. Directly running wine-pthread works for me for
simple Windows programs, however installers don't work as the temporary
executable created by the installer a) does not have the correct
security tags and b) is passed directly to "wine" not wine-pthreads.