How are we doing?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jun 1 04:45:10 CDT 2006

Detlef Riekenberg <wine.dev at web.de> writes:

> During the Time, things changed and I get confused more and more times
> about "special Developers" and "other Developers", as well as "special
> Patches" and "other Patches".
> (It's also Possible, that i did not see the big differences before).

There's no such thing as special developer vs. other developer, it's
more like a linear scale based on trust: the more I trust a developer
the easiest it is for him to get his patches committed. The only way
to earn trust points is by submitting consistently good patches.

That doesn't mean you can't get stuff in if you aren't trusted, but it
means it will require extra scrutiny, which is why it's very important
at the beginning to send small patches that are easy to review. Once
you have earned enough trust you can get away with being a bit more
sloppy (but not too much, or you'll lose trust points again ;-)

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org