How are we doing?

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Fri Jun 2 09:02:47 CDT 2006

Mike McCormack wrote:

> If what you really want is code that's easier to understand we're better
>   off scrapping all comments...

And we can encourage safe driving by removing airbags and seatbelts, and
installing big shiny sharp metal spikes on the steering wheel, and
executing anybody who has an accident and survives.

Code CANNOT explain "why" - there simply is no way to encode that into
the source EXCEPT comments. The solution is to review code and to reject
patches that contain "Fixme - this is busted" without a more detailed
explanation.