ntdll: a simple implementation of cross-process NtAllocateVirtualMemory

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Jun 2 13:46:33 CDT 2006

On 6/2/06, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> The problem here is that you don't control at what point you interrupt
> the process, so you can't do anything in it except system calls, and
> that won't be enough.

Why isn't a call to mmap enough?
(We're trying to support techniques like the one documented in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnwinforms/html/autowforms.asp
for retrieving control names and captions from another process,
if that helps.)

> Another problem is that you make the server wait
> on the client to execute the code, and that's a big no-no, the server
> can't trust the client.

Fine, he can move the wait to the client, that's no problem.
- Dan