How are we doing? (documentation + regression tests)

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Fri Jun 2 14:13:34 CDT 2006

Am Freitag, den 02.06.2006, 08:03 -0500 schrieb Jeremy White:

> But there are plenty of places in Wine where the code does
> something screwball or out of the ordinary (hell, the API
> itself is screwball), and those places deserve more comments.

IMHO, more comment's help to teach someone, who read the code, what a
Function does.
Many of my Patches add the missing WineAPI - Documentation, but
the overall API Documentation - Status is still to low.

We can of course add the same Type of documentation for internal
Functions. Example:
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/winspool.drv/info.c#L214

Another big Place to teach someone what a Function does, are
the regression tests.

We are missing a lot of tests.

Example:
After a comment by Alexandre about my recent patch, i read again our
WineAPI-Guide and MSDN.
Both document's say the same, but our implementation is different.
The affected Function is called only 3 times in our regression tests
(WideCharToMultiByte).

--
By By ...
      ... Detlef