Freetype configure checks are backward

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Fri Jun 2 15:21:27 CDT 2006

I believe the Freetype configure checks are backward.

First we check for the library being present, and only then do we
check for the freetype-config problem:

   AC_SUBST(FREETYPELIBS,"")
   AC_SUBST(FREETYPEINCL,"")
   AC_CHECK_LIB(freetype,FT_Init_FreeType,ft_lib=yes,ft_lib=no,$X_LIBS)
   if test "$ft_lib" = "no"
   then
       wine_cv_msg_freetype=no
   else
       AC_CHECK_PROG(ft_devel,freetype-config,freetype-config,no)

This fails to work when Freetype is installed somewhere outside of
/usr/ such as /usr/local/ with /usr/local/bin in the path.

freetype-config would of course know where to look for the library,
but we perform the check for the library first, without taking the
output of freetype-config into concern.

Wouldn't it make sense to revert these two changes?

Gerald