To K&R or not

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 19:34:40 CDT 2006

On 6/2/06, Aneurin Price <wine at shadovald.dyndns.org> wrote:

> How about setting a standard that will be used in the repository, and
> providing the indent commands to set it that way, then indenting *every
> file* in the repository to that standard. Then every developer can use
> indent or whatever equivalent they prefer when they checkout, if they
> don't like the chosen style.

Our coding standard is that there shall be no coding standard.  As was
stated before, whoever creates the file, their style is the style that
should be used when anyone makes changes to that file.  Concerning the
automatic source indenter, I know I would be peeved if i checked my
code back out and it was changed to a style I don't like.  There are
way too many different styles of coding out there, and each developer
has a right to like his or her own style, and we shouldn't force one
specific style on anyone.

http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/style-notes

--
James Hawkins