To K&R or not

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Tue Jun 6 07:07:33 CDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 02:12:15AM -0500, EA Durbin wrote:

> One could just write a perl script to parse the code upon submission
> that would convert it from K & R style to a uniform standard that it
> easy to read, and fix things like the amount of spaces in an indent.

just use indent(1) - the tool that was made for that purpose. beside
that i just write my patches the way i want them and then indent them
either within the editor (vim) or using ident automatically. this way
the you dont have to deal with insane things like 2-space-indenting (;P)
while working with the file. for the patch you can also use ``cvs diff
-uwbB'' so no spaces you changed while editing in code by others are
recognized and the patch only contains your _real_ changes.

--
cu