acad 2004 license file bug

Jaap Stolk jwstolk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 16:55:39 CDT 2006

On 6/6/06, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> Mike doesn't have AutoCad so it may not be fixed. The problem must lie
> elsewhere. Native MSI can be installed if you use Win98 mode, or you could
> try debugging Wines own MSI implementation.

I don't think autocad 2004 runs in win98, and I would prefer to debug
Wines own MSI. (I don't particularly need to run the program, I would
just like to add support for it to wine.)

> > Should I try the suggested "fix": copy the bin/acadfeui/eula directory
> > from the cd-rom to the c:\ root ?
>
> Sure, why not, it may work.

Didn't work in my case for some reason. anyway, I removed winetools,
so I'm back to the IE6 error (even before I get to the eula).

On 6/6/06, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> You want
>
> WINEDEBUG=+reg wine setup.exe 2>/tmp/log

Thanks!
Can someone add +reg to http://winehq.org/site/developer-cheatsheet ?

The installer seems to only read this key:
SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Version
(and also this one)
Machine/Software/Classes/AcroExch.Document/AcrobatVersion

I have manually set the Internet Explorer Version key, but that
doesn't seem to fool the installer. Oddly, it reads these keys just
before I press the "install" button.
I will look into it tomorrow.