D3D9: Add a test for setting / getting vertex shader constants

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 6 17:01:05 CDT 2006

Raphael wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 June 2006 23:17, H. Verbeet wrote:
>
>> This is a test for Ivan's patch for shader constants
>> (http://source.winehq.org/git/?p=wine.git;a=commit;h=5f5969b3c5bd237277b8f2
>> f1eaa4ddacce5fb63b)
>>
>> Changelog:
>>   - Add a test for setting / getting vertex shader constants
>>

> Simple testing :)

Thanks for the test and bugfix - I'll submit some of my own, starting
with the mipmaps patch.
> can you add border tests in future:
>
>  hret = IDirect3DDevice9_SetVertexShaderConstantB(device_ptr,
> MAX_VSHADER_CONSTANTS  - 4, bool_in, 4);
>
>  hret = IDirect3DDevice9_SetVertexShaderConstantB(device_ptr,
> MAX_VSHADER_CONSTANTS  - 2, bool_in, 4);
>
> I'm interested to see how windows handle that :)

MAX_VSHADER_CONSTANTS is most likely the wrong border for boolean and
integer constants.
Shaders 3.0 support a max of 16 integer and 16 boolean constants [ so is
the limit the max for all shader versions? ]