Feedback requested on an OpenAL audio driver patch

Leon Freitag leon_fraitak at mail.ru
Wed Jun 7 08:54:49 CDT 2006

My first impressions:
1) Doesn't compile here:

audio.c: In function ‘OpenAL_WaveClose’:
audio.c:636: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be

because alcCloseDevice() is declared here as void (my openal version is
1.0.20051129)

2) It'd be better to convert ALC errors from FIXMEs to ERRs.

3) You don't link the driver to openal somewhy (there's no -lopenal switch
passed to gcc). Perhaps it's related to the configure.in hack I made, but I
had to modify dlls/winmm/wineopenal/Makefile.in and add openal there too.

4) You check for al/al.h and OpenAL/al.h within the configure script but you
include AL/al.h and OpenAL/al.h. This doesn't work on Linux, since Linux
filesystems are case sensitive.

Leon