setupapi.dll: partially implement SetupDiGetClassDevsExA

Peter Beutner p.beutner at gmx.net
Thu Jun 8 11:05:21 CDT 2006

Mike McCormack wrote:
> Christian Gmeiner wrote:
>> Partially implement SetupDiGetClassDevsExA. This patch bases on
>> reactos setupapi.dll.
>
> Don't be suprised if your patch isn't accepted.  ReactOS is considered a
> dirty reverse engineering project by many, and Alexandre has rejected
> patches using their code before.
I thought they started auditing their code and removing any "dirty" parts?
And according to their website this process is nearly done.

btw. using their code as documentation to implement something on wine
should be safe nevertheless, shouldn't it?

> The fact that some developers work both on tinykrnl (a self-admitted
> 'dirty' reverse engineering effort) and ReactOS at the same time should
> be enough to show you that they're walking close to, or maybe over the
> fine line.
>
> Please don't post ReactOS code to wine-patches again.
hm I thought direct code sharing wasn't even possible before because of
the different licenses(GPL<->LGPL)?