setupapi.dll: partially implement SetupDiGetClassDevsExA

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Thu Jun 8 11:35:44 CDT 2006

Peter Beutner wrote:

> I thought they started auditing their code and removing any "dirty" parts?
> And according to their website this process is nearly done.

Unfortunately, the fallout of their audit process has been that many
trusted developers left the project.

For me, the main problem is that there are ReactOS developers who think
that examining Windows assembly to write ReactOS code is a proper way to
do things.

> btw. using their code as documentation to implement something on wine
> should be safe nevertheless, shouldn't it?

I'd avoid their code if I were you.

> hm I thought direct code sharing wasn't even possible before because of
> the different licenses(GPL<->LGPL)?

If the same people "came up with" the code in question, the license
isn't relevant.

IMO, the only legitimate thing to use would be their test cases, and
there's only a few of those as far as I can tell.

Mike