awwww

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 00:44:37 CDT 2006

On 6/10/06, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:

> Don't you forgetting something? That something is windows. Do you really think
> that being able to install that would help anything at all?

I'm not Dan, but I can still answer: yes.  There's obviously a bug in
msi that is keeping this utility from installing.  If the bug gets
fixed, then that's one less bug for another installer to stumble over.
 As we've seen with several installers recently, one bug can affect
many apps.  You're missing the point about why he wants to run this
app.

> How about working game installers?
>
> How about some newer copy protection systems that Wine could support (instead of NONE)?
>
> How about keeping things from breaking in favor of extra new features?

I don't know if you've noticed, but Dan has been getting on to
everyone about adding regression tests even for simple fixes (which is
a good thing :)

> How about making number of things not 100% perfect, but closer to what they should be
> instead of chasing that perfection?

This really isn't about perfection...it doesn't run at all, so at
least letting it install is getting closer to what it should be.

> PS:
> If you is didn't understand, lots of bugs & problems that you raise are not as critical
> as you think they are. At least of bigger number of people.

I don't really agree, but assuming that were true, this is an open
source project.  You work on things you want to work on, fix bugs you
want to fix.  Bugs are bugs, and no matter how small or irrelevant
they are to you, we shouldn't ignore them, and if they are small, then
we should be fixing them quicker.

--
James Hawkins