wined3d: Another GLSL shader status update

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Mon Jun 12 18:57:27 CDT 2006

On Sunday 11 June 2006 22:24, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:55:15 -0400, Jason Green wrote:
> > FYI - I just added a bunch to this page to get us started:
> >
> > http://wiki.winehq.org/DirectX-Shaders
>
> That's awesome, exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. This sort of
> high level overview is very useful for new hackers! :)

:)

Well it will not be suficient to begin hacking on wined3d
(as only wined3d shaders architecture is explained)

Anyway Most of code is splitted in "logical" sources ... and documented when
needed:

for shaders/declaration:
  baseshader.c, glsl_shader.c, pixelshader.c, vertexshader.c,
vertexdeclaration.c

for textures:
  basetexture.c, cubetexture.c, texture.c, volumetexture.c

for surfaces:
  surface.c, surface_gdi.c,

others who have d3d compliant names: :)
  device.c, directx.c, drawprim.c, indexbuffer.c, palette.c,  query.c,
resource.c, stateblock.c, swapchain.c, utils.c, vertexbuffer.c,  volume.c,
wined3d_main.c

Only one thing to new hackers: never begin with device.c :)

Regards,
Raphael