What is needed to get more sites with a winetest executable

Andrew Ziem ahziem1 at mailbolt.com
Tue Jun 13 07:57:54 CDT 2006

Paul Vriens wrote:
>> Am Montag, 12. Juni 2006 20:22 schrieb Paul Vriens:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> in the last months we've experienced several times that there was no
> winetest.exe available at the usual location
>>> (http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/CrossBuilt/) for several
> days/weeks. The reasons are sometimes known but in any case it's a
> Single Point Of Failure.
>>> What will it take to have multiple sites generating and hosting the
> winetest executable? Or do we already have this?
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Paul.
>> Hi,
>>
>> not the answer to your question, but some thoughts about the topic.
>>
>> As long as the automatic build of Paul Millar works, there is not reason to
>> have a second winetest binary for nearly the same git/cvs source of the
> tests. One binary a day is enough. If you check
>> http://test.winehq.org/data/
>> you will see that we miss often tests results for some windows platforms.
>>
>> If building the winetest binary fails. Someone needs to look into the
> reason
>> anyway. In almost all cases its a missing import in a library the test
> ist linked against. So first "our mingw environment" needs to be fixed.
> Just running another automatic build will fail with the same error as
> the build of
>> Paul.
>>
>> Its not hard for me to do the manual build. I just need some webspace to
> put
>> the stuff on. And i need to know what needs to be modified in the source
> before the build (somehow the build date need to be patched into the
> source).
>> Also the question is how the new build is announce to the public (hope that
>> it si not the case that it appears on astro.gla.ac.uk).
>>

> exactly my point. I know Paul Millar fixes stuff all the time by patches
> of you I think and Hans Leidekker (and others). But he is only one person,
> with of course a limited amount of time.
>
> Maybe we should have a few sites generating the winebuild and using a
> different path to publish stuff at test.winehq.org/data/[site]. We don't
> want to mix the output of different executables in one view (apples and
> pears).

There are a limited number of winetest reports, but it's nice to be able
to see how a single test operates on a variety of systems.  However,
having separate sites would fragment the reports.

How about integrating all of winetest into winehq.org where there is a
primary maintainer and one or more backup maintainers?

Andrew