wined3d: declaration/FVF conversion test

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 03:28:17 CDT 2006

Hi, I'm attaching test, which demonstrates incorrect behavior of SetFVF
and SetVertexDeclaration.
Windows converts one to the other and backwards (at least partially),
and we do not such thing - this breaks at least 2 demos (dx9_hlsl_*)

I'm posting it here, because:

- I don't have Windows, and I need someone to try it on machine with
pixel shader support (preferably 3.0, will need to enable pshaders and
GLSL registry key). The whole first part of the test checks decl to fvf
conversions, and they're almost all set to 0 in order to pass on H.
Verbeet and V. Margolen's setups [ which have no pshaders ]. MSDN has a
whole page on how to convert to an fvf, and the values there are
definitely *not* 0, so that's why I'm suspicious.

- Secondly, I am leaving for NYC in 2 days to look for a place to live,
so I have limited time to clean up the test (ok/trace usage and the
like), and I have no time to implement the fix. I am hoping someone else
can finish it, because afterwards I go to Denver for a month, where I
will have limited computing capabilities. Then I start a full time job
back at NYC, so I'll be pretty busy. Anyway, I'm sure Jave has shaders
under control and will be done with sm 2, 3, 4, 5.. 10  by the end of
the summer whether I help or not :)