Build on kubuntu 6.06,amd_64 works

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Jun 16 13:38:10 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 21:21 -0700, David Anderson wrote:
> AMD_64 cpu, Kubuntu 6.06  (Dapper Drake), on HP laptop.
>
> I finally got around to finishing a build, with current cvs sources.
> First one must install the necessary libraries:  Finding the correct
> set may take a few minutes and several tries.
>
> configure will find several omissions, but a few will only
> be noticed by the 'make' steps.
>

> # The following is links  that the library install does not make:
> # Do this by hand, it won't work as a script as written.
> sudo sh
> cd /usr/lib32
> ln -s libX11.so.6 libX11.so
> ln -s libXext.so.6 libXext.so
>
> LDFLAGS="-L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32"  \
> ./configure
> make depend
> make all
> sudo make install
>

> If all needed libraries are present there will be no missing-library warnings or errors anywhere.
> wine seems to work (installed in /usr/local)
>
> Hope this is of some interest.
> David Anderson

It is, actually.  It's basically a step-by-step to rewriting the build
script to work on AMD-64 for the packages.  I'll try hacking around with
it once 0.9.16 comes out.

I suspect, however, that doing it this way doesn't include EVERY lib
that Wine can use properly, as there are still some libs missing from
the 32bitlibs package in Ubuntu.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie