wined3d: declaration/FVF conversion test

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 04:14:24 CDT 2006

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
>> and those currently fail, because that case isn't handled at all in the
>> FVF loading code. It thinks this is a multi-stream case, when in fact
>> only the 0th stream is used. Jason Green has a demo -
>> dx9_hdr_texture_loader, which is broken exactly by this.
>>
> How about getting rid about the fvf in the device entirely and converting the
> fvf to a vertex decl in SetFVF?
That's what I was suggesting in the next sentence of that email :)
>  This would make the drawprim code
> simpler(only vertex declaration to consider) and avoid inconsistency. In
> GetFVF we convert the declaration back to a FVF(and propably cache the
> result, but don't use that for rendering).

Well, caching is already accomplished by storing the FVF [ so no need
for backwards conversion]. Furthermore, the backwards conversion isn't
very clear at the moment - the tests show that almost all FVF fields are
0'ed when a declaration is implicitly converted to FVF by windows. I
have no idea why that is yet...