Dogfood report: Firefox autoupdate works

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Sun Jun 18 05:21:46 CDT 2006

Hello!

> Oh yes, as newest GenuineCheck.exe crashes, newest
> WGAPluginInstall.exe may fail also.  For this
> reason I've put online older versions of both: [2]
>

> [1] http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7b9ba261-7a9c-43e7-9117-f673077ffb3c&DisplayLang=en
> [2] http://193.219.43.130/~winetester/bin/win32/WindowsValidation/20060517/

Well, GenuineCheck.exe works for me on  wine-0.9.15 with a fresh wine install. I wanted to install MDAC, so I applied [3] as proposed by dan and downloaded it from [4]. This is where I had to pass the GenuineCheck and it workd just fine, even with a fresh wine install. Have a look at [5] as a proof *g*

Ciao,

Olaf

[3]
cat >> $HOME/.wine/system.reg <<"_EOF_"

[Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer]
"Version"="6.0.2900.2180"
_EOF_

[4] http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=de&FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c

[5] http://leidola.newcon.de/pixmap/wga.jpg