acad 2004 license file bug

Jaap Stolk jwstolk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 07:48:44 CDT 2006

On 6/18/06, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> Sunday, June 18, 2006, 5:36:42 AM, Jaap Stolk wrote:
> > Now, my question is: how can i set the version of the buildin SHDOCVW.DLL ?
> > And would MSI actually return the version of the buildin dll ?
> You need to use latest Wine version that creates "fake dlls" in the system32
> dir. And to set the version, you just edit .rc file and recompile that dll. Of
> course you'll need to re-create ~/.wine dir to have new version of fake dll.

I was running wine 9.14 (from cvs) and I do actually have the fake
dll's. It looks like I have overwritten one of them with a native one
:-) So a fake dll with the correct version number should work.

I changed all 5.50 to 6.00 in /dlls/shdocvw/version.rc but got the
following compile error:
In function `register_interfaces':
/home/jaap/wine/dlls/shdocvw/regsvr.c:138: undefined reference to
`CLSID_ShellSearchAssistantOC'
regsvr.o(.data.rel.ro+0x80):/home/jaap/wine/dlls/shdocvw/regsvr.c:143:
undefined reference to `CLSID_ShellShellNameSpace'

> It seems that our version is 5.50.0.0. We might want to change that since we
> already have IE version in the registry .

I did not have the IE version in the registry. I added it manually
using regedit.

Anyway, for now I'm happy that i know what the problem is, and for now
it works with the copy of the native dll and winecfg set to "buildin".
The solution for the EULA error (Bug 3226) doesn't work for me, so i
will be looking into that now.

Jaap.