wine-1.0 goal: fix all reported msi and ole bugs?

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 16:17:33 CDT 2006

On 6/22/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> I just looked, and there aren't *that* many msi and ole bugs
> reported in bugzilla.
>
> Would it be unreasonable to set a goal of having
> all msi and ole bugs fixed for wine-1.0 ?

Just to clarify that last statement, you mean all reported msi and ole bugs?

My opinion is that this is a reasonable goal for 1.0, and a necessary
goal at that.  When we say, "1.0 is out!" new users should at least be
able to try their software in wine, which requires the installers to
work.  At this point, at least with msi, fixing the bugs isn't
requiring major infrastructure change, just changing the behavior of a
certain feature (in most cases).

--
James Hawkins