riched20: EM_GETLINE implementation and test

Andrew Talbot Andrew.Talbot at talbotville.com
Thu Jun 22 16:36:10 CDT 2006

James Hawkins wrote:
> Probably, L"" is not portable, and you have to use:
>
> static const WHCAR string[] = {'s','t','r','i','n','g',0};

I'm just curious: not arguing, ;) but Plauger says, in "The Standard C
Library" (1992, p. 219): "You write a wide character constant as, for
example, L'x'. It has type wchar_t. You write a wide characer string
literal as, for example, L"hello". It has type array of wchar_t. wchar_t is
an integer type that can represent all the code values for all
wide-character encodings supported by the implementation." Why might it not
be portable?

-- Andy.