ddraw assert prevents Ankh from starting

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Jun 23 04:49:24 CDT 2006

Am Dienstag 20 Juni 2006 09:17 schrieb Christoph Frick:
> hiho
>
> on the end of this mail is a patch, that removes an assert(0) from the
> surface code in ddraw. but removing it let Ankh[1][2] start (it started
> before, but there where no loading screen visible). yet there are other
> problems with this game - but it now actually works better than before.
I tested the demo, the loading screen appears without the assert. I will send
a more proper implementation of IDirectDrawSurface::SetSurfaceDesc when I
have time(university tests :-( ).

The loading screen appears, but it seems to get stuck quite soon during
redrawn.

This game seems to use the open source ogle library for rendering, and it also
ships a Direct3D9 and OpenGL renderer. Maybe there's a way to make it use the
ogl renderer, but I haven't found a way to do so.