Wine developers?

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Fri Jun 23 20:31:18 CDT 2006

Friday, June 23, 2006, 9:51:28 AM, Kuba Ober wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 June 2006 21:24, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>> Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 11:41:32 AM, Andreas Mohr wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > "proprietary" please, not "commercial". HUGE difference.
>>
>> I was talking more about nature of the job. I'm sure that lots of Wine code
>> can "leak" into commercial product and wise versa.

> What's worse is that it already DID happen, ane the party involved didn't
> think much of it (remember Poject David?) But this has little to do with the
> matter at hand.

> I doubt that Thinstall would really want to do anything illegal -- this woul,d
> ruin their reputation, and would likely expose them to a copyright
> lawsuit(s). We can only level accusations after they do wrong. Why should we
> a priori think of them as guilty?

> I think that while Vitaliy has some firm moral (and otherwise) viewpoints, the
> Thinstall bashing of his was a bit much.

> C'mon, they just politely asked if anyone is interested in a job. What's wrong
> with that? If I were looking for winapi hackers, I'd ask here myself. Jeez.

I'm sorry that my intentions were misinterpreted because of the bad choice of
words on my part.

I didn't want to sound that negative. What I wanted to say, is that the nature
of the Wine (windows internals) and Thinstall (internal knowledge of windows)
are some what close. So it's kind of a thin line that I'm sure neither side
wants to cross.

As for the job offers - I wish you good luck finding the right person for the
job. And for a Wine hacker to finally be able to pay his/hers bills. IMHO the
project's developer's mailing list is not the right place to send such offers.

PS: Again this is all IMHO and in no way should represent opinions of anyone else.

Vitaliy.