New dlls/ddraw/device.c warnings

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Mon Jun 26 12:13:23 CDT 2006

After the recent sets of changes, I found that GCC 3.4 issues the
following warnings (on FreeBSD 5.4.

I checked and depending on how a compiler implements assert(), the
warnings are valid, insofar as the compiler doesn't have a way to
automatically determine that all code paths are covered:

  device.c: In function `Thunk_IDirect3DDeviceImpl_2_Begin':
  device.c:1826: warning: 'FVF' might be used uninitialized in this function
  device.c: In function `Thunk_IDirect3DDeviceImpl_2_BeginIndexed':
  device.c:1886: warning: 'FVF' might be used uninitialized in this function
  device.c: In function `Thunk_IDirect3DDeviceImpl_2_DrawPrimitive':
  device.c:2752: warning: 'FVF' might be used uninitialized in this function
  device.c: In function `Thunk_IDirect3DDeviceImpl_2_DrawIndexedPrimitive':
  device.c:2891: warning: 'FVF' might be used uninitialized in this function

Could you have a look into this, Stefan?  If someone has a hint on
the preferred approach to address this, I can give it a try as well.

Thanks,
Gerald
--
Gerald (Jerry) Pfeifer   gerald at pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/