Build on kubuntu 6.06,amd_64 works

Amaury acg1 at soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 26 16:34:40 CDT 2006

Hi,

Sorry if I'm ask a stupid question, but I'm a newbie to Linux, trying to
learn...
I've been trying to install wine through the package manager but it said
it was not possible (error message: "Depends: wine-dev  but it is not
installable"). I kind of knew it cos i'm running under Ubuntu 6.06-LTS
for amd 64 and I had read somewhere that wine didn't run on such system.
My investigations led me to your post on
http://www.winehq.com/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-June/048637.html

Could you please detail step by step how the installation works cos the
command lines don't make much sense to me

MT

A.