[AppDb] automatic variable cleanup

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Jun 27 11:07:21 CDT 2006

Wow, thats a pretty neat idea.

A few comments.

We should do something to the values in $_REQUEST so they can't be used after
this function is called.

We should error if there are variables that don't fit the format we expect. We
can't have anything getting past this filter by default or we'll be opening
holes in the filtering without any kind of notification.  We'll also want to
know if we've missed anything during our changes.

Html keyword should probably be 'sh' instead of 'sH' so the lower case
characters prefixed on a variable are what represents the variables type.
This would be more consistent with what we have.

Filtering all variables might let us support allowing magic quotes although
given the widespread rejection of the magic quotes feature it seems silly to
do so.  I wouldn't be surprised if the switch was removed from php entirely
in the near future.

Chris