wine autorun utility

Chris chris.kcat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 23:44:39 CDT 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 21:13, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Chris if you think that autostart is such a great idea - you are very
> welcome to start sending patches in. And if they are reasonable enough they
> might get in. But if you want to rant about that Linux doesn't have some
> absolutely required "feature" that windows has - this not the right place.

This sounds like you missed my point. My argument isn't that autorun is cool
and Linux should have it (when in fact KDE *does* have it, to some degree),
my argument is that Windows has it and it's not inherently detramental (since
the user would be instructed to manually do what autorun does automatically
anyway, and hence have the same effects), so Wine, if it is trying to match
Windows feature-for-feature and bug-for-bug, should have it too. IMO, of
course.

If I knew how dbus and hal worked, I would probbly try to make the necesarry
patches. But as I'm not familiar with Win32 or Wine's internals, I'm not
really qualified to work on it, at this time. I'm just a user voicing my
opinion.