wine autorun utility

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Jun 30 03:04:06 CDT 2006

Forgive my lazyness and my bad english, but IMHO most of discussion
resembles MS Corporation behaviour by trying to decide what is good for a
user, and what is not.  Hey, just let the user or his admin to decide
this.

IMO there should be just one checkbox in winecfg that rules
autorunability.

* On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Tim Schmidt wrote:
> KDE and Gnome already have similar functionality.  No reason the parser
> can't go there (where, perhaps, people might be a little less hostile to
> the idea?)

Right, but then it still should be nice to find a way for Wine to know if
KDE/Gnome is set to autorun win32 apps.  And a way to toggle this
KDE/Gnome setting.  This way could let user/admin to manage autorunability
from winecfg by clicking mentioned checkbox.

Otherwise user/admin would complain about Wine inability to integrate with
the rest of a graphical system :-/

And of course, the autorunability should be disabled by default when
graphical environment knows/says nothing about autoruns.  Just likes all
my neighbouring win-admins do for their customized/unattended XP setups.
<g>

Hm, someone should show this thread to KDE/Gnome/FreeDesktop folks, IMHO.
I am off this task ;)