riched20: corrected EM_GETLINE and wrong hWnd patches (combined into one)

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 16:07:49 CDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Krzysztof Foltman <wdev at foltman.com> wrote:
> ChangeLog:
>   * EM_GETLINE support (roughly based on code by Thomas Kho, although
> there are important changes, for example, it works correctly in RichEdit
> 1.0 emulation mode) (bug #4305)
>   * Workaround for wrong window handles (bug# 4452)
>   * EM_LINELENGTH handles paragraph ends properly (bug #5375)
>
> I'm sending it as one patch, just in case it gets rejected again -
> trying to split the patch seems to give me some mysterious git problems.

I've just looked at this patch and the previous patch Thomas sent in,
and saying that this is roughly based on his patch is putting it
lightly.  I see that you've added the 1.0 emulation change, but that
doesn't warrant you putting your name on his patch.  The correct way
to go about this would be to wait till his patch gets accepted and
then add your code in a new patch, or to make him aware of the
problems in his implementation, so he can rewrite it or add the
missing feature, but either way, he deserves credit for the code he
wrote, and not just saying that your code was based off of his.

--
James Hawkins