Question about copyright lines

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Mar 4 04:10:15 CST 2006

> Just to add to that, you should never delete existing copyright lines,
> unless you rewrite the entire file from scratch.
I copied all copyright lines from a file if I took code from it to a new file.
The only file "exception" is dlls/ddraw/direct3d.c in my new ddraw
implementation, as I've re-written that file.

If I accidentally dropped someone's copyright line, just send me a note and
I'll correct it. (Marcus, Lionel, Transgaming). But I'll try to get them
right.

My first plan was to check the authors of every function / code segment took
over(There's not really much, except of thunks and old
IDirect3DLight/Material/Viewport interfaces, where the whole files were
copied), but that's almost impossible as ddraw was mainly coded in 1998-2000,
and Wine-CVS starts in 2001.