[d3d8] regression between 0.9.8 and 0.9.9 in Age of Mythology

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sat Mar 4 15:23:46 CST 2006

> On 3/4/06, Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Right now d3d8's SetVertexShader is disabled because d3d8 shaders don't
> work
> > using wined3d yet. Last week I experimented a bit with it and I managed
> > get some simple vertex shader examples working (for instance
> > http://www.codesampler.com/source/dx8_vs11_shader_simple.zip and the
> dolphin
> > sample from sdk although with small issues). If I run bigger apps like
> > 3dmark2001 and others there are huge drawing issues. I'm not very
> familiar
> > with the shader/drawing code (and vertex shaders in general) so it is
> very
> > difficult for me to debug. You can try the patch attached to this email
> but
> > it is far from complete. If you or someone else with enough experience
> can
> > look at it, you're welcome as my time is limited.
>
> Thanks for the patch and info Roderick.
>
> I'll take a look and see if I can get things working a bit better.
> Using your patch and the old d3d8 code I hope to whip something
> together.

I installed AOM (trial) here and I think the issue is related to the FVF.
The function initializeFVF is only partially implemented and in case of the
new code with my patch I see values '0x1c4 / 0x2' while using the old code I
see other values too (0x112, 0x2d2, 0x212, 0x152). So I think we should look
there and check what the old code did. (the code is quite differently)

Roderick

--
"Feel free" mit GMX FreeMail!
Monat für Monat 10 FreeSMS inklusive! http://www.gmx.net