[d3d8] regression between 0.9.8 and 0.9.9 in Age of Mythology

Aric Cyr aric.cyr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 20:04:40 CST 2006

On 3/5/06, Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmx.net> wrote:
> > On 3/4/06, Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmx.net> wrote:
> I installed AOM (trial) here and I think the issue is related to the FVF.
> The function initializeFVF is only partially implemented and in case of the
> new code with my patch I see values '0x1c4 / 0x2' while using the old code I
> see other values too (0x112, 0x2d2, 0x212, 0x152). So I think we should look
> there and check what the old code did. (the code is quite differently)

Yes I noticed that the new code was always 1c4 as well, but hadn't
gone back to see what the old code was doing.  But 1c4 definitely
seems wrong since the vertex coordinates are all messed up and invalid
according to MSDN.  For example z is supposed to be [0,1] but I get
large values, and rhw is also supposed to be between [0,1/MaxVertexW]
but I was getting negative values.  I'll look into the FVF code more.

Regards,
  Aric

--
Aric Cyr <Aric.Cyr at gmail dot com>    (http://acyr.net)